Discuss what's new and what's coming. Have your say on the future of the site.

Suggestion

Unread postby Laura » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:22 am

Hey Noodle
Years ago I started a thread on that "spammed to death" forum for Links to Egypt related sites. Was tons of info there.

How about something like that here, maybe a special section with subdivisions for different categories, ie travel, news, food/restaurants, schools, etc etc etc. Just for links only. :?:
Laura

Re: Suggestion

Unread postby Noodle » Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:12 pm

Hi Laura. That's what I intended with the classified ads section - and as time goes on and it grows I'll do just as you say - divide it up into subsections to make it easier to find what you're looking for.

If anyone does know someone with a business who'd like to advertise, they're more than welcome.
When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Brigade usually uses water.
Noodle
Site Admin

Unread postby VanillaBullshit » Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:49 pm

Noodle, great job so far, thanks for taking the time and putting in the effort :)

Not to be a pain in the ass but do the forum categories have to be exactly the same as ES?

It just depresses the crap outta me and reminds me of what a huge toilet ES was.

Otherwise major kudos to you.

Some more smilies would be cool too :D
VanillaBullshit

Unread postby of_gold » Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:02 pm

Ditto vote for more smilies! :D
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." — Dr. Seuss
of_gold

Unread postby Noodle » Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:06 pm

Hi. I'll have a think about the categories. I did whack the site up in a hurry before everyone got lost in the tumbleweed so I'd be happy to hear your suggestions. There are subcategories within the main categories, e.g. Egypt News but I've a feeling these get lost a bit.

Smilies I can do - no probs. Bear with me, should be able to get some new ones on there tonight.
When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Brigade usually uses water.
Noodle
Site Admin

Unread postby VanillaBullshit » Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:11 pm

Thank you kindly, Noodle :)

No rush on the smilies, (please include dancing pink elephant! :D )

I'll post some suggestions for categories once I can think of some cool ones.

Hi of_gold! Nice to see ya here :)
VanillaBullshit

Unread postby of_gold » Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:31 pm

I would like to request the rofl smilie and the hugging smilie.

Yea! They invited me in, VB.... and this is a pretend huggie smilie for a happy to see you here :arrow: "O" :D

PS. I have color issues... :|
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." — Dr. Seuss
of_gold

Unread postby of_gold » Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:50 pm

I have another suggestion. :P It would be nice IMHO if we could see whoever is online... :mrgreen:
of_gold

Unread postby Noodle » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:10 pm

of_gold wrote:I have another suggestion. :P It would be nice IMHO if we could see whoever is online... :mrgreen:

You should be able to unless they're hidden. Doesn't it say Online and Offline by the avatars at your end? Also, on the index, if you scroll to the bottom it should tell you whose online.
Noodle
Site Admin

Unread postby sonomod » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:05 am

Android app for the forum. Just got a new phone and its really strange compared to other sites with apps.
Yet this forum will take my login without fail. InshallAllah i will figure this phone out! Touchpad screens, make me scream.
sonomod

Forum Statistics