Share your latest health regime. Talk about your beauty tools and tricks.

Lemons and Skin Care

Unread postby Laura » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:55 am

My SIL was telling me I should be rubbing a lemon on my husbands face nightly/daily, to fade some dark spots.

Does this really work? Anyone actually tried it and can vouch for it? Also, wouldn't it leave your skin feeling maybe sticky or something like that?
Laura

Re: Lemons and Skin Care

Unread postby Noodle » Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:18 pm

It lightens hair in the sun (I don't recommend it either), but I thought sunlight was half the process? It shouldn't be sticky - it's got high acidity. Thinking about it, wouldn't lemon juice have glycolic acid in it - the stuff they make chemical peels from? They're supposed to lighten skin so there could be something in it. Would sun block help?
When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Brigade usually uses water.
Noodle
Site Admin

Unread postby Laura » Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:02 pm

He keeps out of the sun as much as possible. Can't tolerate it anymore. But your comment about the acid in the lemon made me think....will this really dry out your skin? hmmmm Guess I could try it couple times, see if he is ok with it, but from what I understand, it does take a long time to see results, so not sure if I am even going to attempt this little nightly ritual at all...drat those old age spots....don't really bother me at all, but his sister thinks he should be rid of them.
Laura

Unread postby Noodle » Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:10 pm

Wouldn't bother me to be honest, especially if I were a guy. They come to us all in the end, don't they? It's swimming against the tide really.
When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Brigade usually uses water.
Noodle
Site Admin

Unread postby Ayisha » Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:41 am

my gran used to have a hand cream mixed by the pharmacist, I remember there was lemon and glycerine in it, not sure if anything else, but she had the softest hands I have ever known on anyone.
Ayisha

Unread postby saanfhubaja » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:01 pm

It may be work.
saanfhubaja

Unread postby blue diamond » Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:45 am

LEMON JUICE MASK. Leave the pure juice on your face for about 30 mn then rinse.Soft ,bright skin guaranted. :)
blue diamond

Forum Statistics